Meet the Team
Our centre has a team of dedicated and qualified professionals in the field of neuropsychiatry and mental health
He completed MBBS from Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubballi and MD in Psychiatry in the year 2016 from Department of Psychiatry (Centre of Excellence) of the same Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubballi.
His areas of interest include addiction medicine, community psychiatry, forensic psychiatry, HIV and Mental health.
- Conducted a research on "Association of depression with social support and quality of life among HIV positive women" in the year 2013-14.
- Presented a paper at the 5th Asia Pacific Regional Conference on Psychosocial rehabilitation held at Bangalore Feb 2015.
- Presented a paper at KANCIPS- 2015 state level psychiatric conference held at Shivamogga , Karnataka
- His articles have been published /accepted for publication in various national journals.
- He is actively involved in UG teaching programs and psychiatry quiz.
- During his UG and PG days he has been involved in many community service activities like free mental health check up and de-addiction camps in rural areas of Dharwad and Uttara Kannada district.
- Presently conducting a research on alcohol addiction and associated factors.
Currently, he works as Senior Resident at the Department of psychiatry (Centre of excellence), Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubballi.
- Dr. Chaitra Hiremath MBBS, DPM (NIMHANS Consulting Neuropsychiatrist She completed MBBS from Adichunchungiri Institute of Medical Science, Bellur and Diploma in Psychological Medicine (DPM) from the prestigious National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), Bengaluru.
Her areas of interest include Biological Psychiatry, Child and adolescent psychiatry, Psychiatric Rehabilitation, counseling, coaching and Life skills training.
- She received best SERWICE award for the year 2015 by the Department of Psychiatric Rehabilitation, NIMHANS, Bangalore.
- She was awarded Certificate of Appreciation in October 2014 for a case presentation in the Tele Health session of 'Opioid Use Disorders and Management' conducted by the Department of Addiction Medicine of NIMHANS, Bangalore.
- She has worked as Senior Research Fellow in various research projects related to biological psychiatry at NIMHANS, Bangalore.
- She has presented papers/posters at various national and international conferences.
Clinical Psychologist, Speech Therapist, Pediatric Physiotherapist, Special Educator, EEG Technician